My week in Review —Sunday March 6, 2022
Here is some of what I was up to this past week:
- I started on a multi painting decoration for my home. I have been wanting to decorate this space for a long while, I am excited!
- Finalizing my next journal — it is powerful. Will post more info soon.
- Tried out modeling clay, and made a snake shaped hummingbird feeder. I enjoyed working with this modeling clay, I plan on doing more. I am continuing to paint this project.
I finished reading Marcus Aurelius’ Meditations. This book is now my bible; I am a stoic fanatic. In all seriousness, the book was the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius’ personal journal, and dives deep into the topic of stoicism.
The four virtues of Stoicism are Wisdom, Courage, Justice, Temperance. These have become key values I strive towards.
I also read some manga this week.
New Morning Routine
I am trying out a new morning routine. I was inspired by Andrew Huberman, his podcast is so valuable that I guarantee it can change your life.
- Immediately after waking up, Yoga Nidra. Laying down meditative yoga. Helps to bring you into your body and out of the mind in the morning. Can find simple practices on YouTube.
- Get 10–30 minutes of outdoor light. Does not matter if it is cloudy or rainy.
- Morning Journal
Here is a link where Dr. Huberman gives a strong overview of why morning routines are valuable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4Qk3p8X8dM
Things are going well for me in my role as Software Engineer & Scrum Master for Teradata’s BAR Engineering team. We have a few software projects being developed, and are also testing some new hardware.
I have enjoyed the project management responsibilities associated with the Scrum Master role, thus this week I started studying for the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification. After 3–4 weeks of studying, I plan on taking the test.
Another thing is I set a new goal of being a good gluten-free baker. I have been struggling getting them to rise, but banana bread is my favorite so far.
I am very happy with this past week, and am I feel excited for what the next holds.